Neon Tetra Fish Care Tips:
Below are the list of Neon Tetra Fish Care Tips
1. Aquarium Size: It is best to have at least a 10 gallon aquarium. The larger aquarium ensures that the water quality is more stable, as any major change to the water can prove to be fatal to neon tetras.
2. Tank Setup: Neon Tetras originate from slow moving heavily planted streams. They prefer tanks with a lot of live plants and a slow moving current.
3. Water Filtration: Since neon tetras have a very small bio load, any basic or sponge filter will be sufficient for the aquarium. Always add neon tetras to a properly cycled tank only.
4. Number of Fish: Neon Tetras are very social fish and should always be kept in proper schools. At least six fish per group is recommended however having ten or more is best.
5. Water Temperature: The optimum aquarium temperature for Neon Tetras is around 72 – 78 F (22 – 26 C).
6. Water pH level: Water parameters of the tank should be nearly perfect for neon tetras to thrive.
7. Food: Neon Tetras are omnivores and eat algae, small invertebrates and insect larvae. You can provide them with high quality flake food, blanched zucchini medallions and a variety of frozen foods as a treat. As for frozen foods Neon tetras prefer bloodworms, daphnia and brine shrimp.
8. Tankmates: Neon Tetras are peaceful fish and do well with other peaceful fish. Good tank mates for Neon Tetras are other tetras, most barbs, dwarf cichlids, rasboras.